SDF-1 Beta antibody
|Goat anti Human SDF-1 beta antibody recognizes human SDF-1 beta, otherwise known as CXCL12b, a 72 amino acid stromal cell derived CXC chemokine, which arises from alternative splicing of the SDF-1 gene. The two isoforms, SDF-1 alpha and SDF-1 beta, share an identical amino acid sequence, except for an additional four residues in the C-Terminal region of the beta isoform.
SDF-1 binds with high-affinity to the G protein–coupled receptor CXCR4 (fusin) and acts as a chemoattractant for T and B lymphocytes, monocytes and migratory neurons, and is a vital factor in haematopoiesis and angiogenesis. By competitively binding to CXCR4, SDF-1 acts as an inhibitor for the CXCR4-mediated entry of HIV-1 virus into target T-cells, and the SDF-1-CXCR4 interaction is important for the regulation of trafficking of normal and malignant stem cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human SDF-1 beta were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human SDF-1 beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
Nagasawa, T. et al. (1998) A novel CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4: their functions in development, hematopoiesis and HIV infection.
Semin Immunol. 10 (3): 179-85.
Stumm, R. & Höllt, V. (2007) CXC chemokine receptor 4 regulates neuronal migration and axonal pathfinding in the developing nervous system: implications for neuronal regeneration in the adult brain.
J Mol Endocrinol. 38 (3): 377-82.
Kucia, M. et al. (2005) Trafficking of normal stem cells and metastasis of cancer stem cells involve similar mechanisms: pivotal role of the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis.
Stem Cells. 23 (7): 879-94.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008015 blood circulation
- GO:0008064 regulation of actin polymerization or depolymerization
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0090026 positive regulation of monocyte chemotaxis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up