Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. RPL23 encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L14P family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. RPL23 has been referred to as rpL17 because the encoded protein shares amino acid identity with ribosomal protein L17 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae; however, its official symbol is RPL23. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL23 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human RPL23 antibody detects a band of 15 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL23 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 15 kDa in HT-1080 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant protein of human RPL23
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P62829 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPL23 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005840 ribosome
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0006610 ribosomal protein import into nucleus
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL23 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.