Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. RPL15gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L15E family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. RPL15 shares sequence similarity with the yeast ribosomal protein YL10 gene. Although RPL15 has been referred to as RPL10, its official symbol is RPL15. RPL15 has been shown to be overexpressed in some esophageal tumors compared to normal matched tissues. Mutation of the RPL15 gene has been identified in Diamond-Blackfan anemia 12 (DBA12) an inherited red blood cell aplasia that usually presents in the first year of life (Landowski et al. 2013). Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL15 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011).
Rabbit anti Human RPL15 antibody detects a band of 26 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL15 detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human RPL15
- Store at -20°C only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005840 ribosome
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of RPL15 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra