Rabbit anti RIG-I antibody recognizes human Retinoic acid-inducible gene 1 protein (RIG-I), also known as RIG-1 or DEAD-box protein 58. RIG-I is a receptor found in the cytoplasm that recognizes viral RNA from replicating viruses in infected cells. Upon activation with intracellular RNA, a cascade is triggered resulting in the activation of NF-kappa-B, and the eventual induction of antiviral cytokines such as IFN-beta and RANTES. RIG-I is essential for the production of interferons in response to RNA viruses and as such play a key role in innate immunity.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human RIG-I were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human GST-tagged RIG-1 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of defense response to virus by host
response to virus
ATP-dependent helicase activity
zinc ion binding
negative regulation of type I interferon production
positive regulation of interferon-alpha production
positive regulation of interferon-beta production
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of RIG-I antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human heart
- Western Blotting
- AHP1776 detects a band of approximately 84 kDa in C2C12cell lysate.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for RIG-I antibody
Satoh, T. et al. (2014) Tumor microenvironment and RIG-I signaling molecules in Epstein Barr virus-positive and -negative classical Hodgkin lymphoma of the elderly.
J Clin Exp Hematop. 54 (1): 75-84.
Akira, S. et al. (2006) Pathogen recognition and innate immunity.
Cell. 124 (4): 783-801.
Yoneyama, M. et al. (2004) The RNA helicase RIG-I has an essential function in double-stranded RNA-induced innate antiviral responses.
Nat Immunol. 5 (7): 730-7.
Sharma S, et al (2003) Triggering the interferon antiviral response through an IKK-related pathway
Alexopoulou, L. et al. (2001) Recognition of double-stranded RNA and activation of NF-kappaB by Toll-like receptor 3.
Nature. 413 (6857): 732-8.