Filter by Application:WB P Reset
Rabbit anti RIG-I
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti RIG-I antibody recognizes human Retinoic acid-inducible gene 1 protein (RIG-I), also known as RIG-1 or DEAD-box protein 58. RIG-I is a receptor found in the cytoplasm that recognizes viral RNA from replicating viruses in infected cells. Upon activation with intracellular RNA, a cascade is triggered resulting in the activation of NF-kappa-B, and the eventual induction of antiviral cytokines such as IFN-beta and RANTES. RIG-I is essential for the production of interferons in response to RNA viruses and as such play a key role in innate immunity.|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human RIG-I were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.1 mg0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 50 µg<0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human GST-tagged RIG-1 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5.0ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human heart
- Western Blotting
- AHP1776 detects a band of approximately 84 kDa in C2C12cell lysate.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0|
References for RIG-I antibody
Satoh, T. et al. (2014) Tumor microenvironment and RIG-I signaling molecules in Epstein Barr virus-positive and -negative classical Hodgkin lymphoma of the elderly.
J Clin Exp Hematop. 54 (1): 75-84.
Akira, S. et al. (2006) Pathogen recognition and innate immunity.
Cell. 124 (4): 783-801.
Yoneyama, M. et al. (2004) The RNA helicase RIG-I has an essential function in double-stranded RNA-induced innate antiviral responses.
Nat Immunol. 5 (7): 730-7.
Sharma S, et al (2003) Triggering the interferon antiviral response through an IKK-related pathway
Alexopoulou, L. et al. (2001) Recognition of double-stranded RNA and activation of NF-kappaB by Toll-like receptor 3.
Nature. 413 (6857): 732-8.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002230 positive regulation of defense response to virus by host
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0008026 ATP-dependent helicase activity
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0032480 negative regulation of type I interferon production
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0032727 positive regulation of interferon-alpha production
- GO:0032728 positive regulation of interferon-beta production
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up