The protein encoded by the PDGFB gene is a member of the platelet-derived growth factor family. The four members of this family are mitogenic factors for cells of mesenchymal origin and are characterized by a motif of eight cysteines. PDGFB product can exist either as a homodimer (PDGF-BB) or as a heterodimer with the platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide (PDGF-AB), where the dimer chains are connected by disulfide bonds.
Mutations in PDGFB are associated with meningioma and Basal ganglia calcification, idiopathic, 5 (IBGC5), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by progressive neurologic symptoms associated with brain calcifications (Keller et al. 2013). Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 22 and 17, at sites where PDGFB and that for collagen type 1, alpha 1 are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSB) resulting from unregulated expression of growth factor (Kiuru-Kuhlefelt et al. 2001). Two alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified for PDGFB (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2013).
Rabbit anti Human PDGF-B antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PDGF-B detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human PDGF-B
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005161 platelet-derived growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0010512 negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol biosynthetic process
- GO:0010544 negative regulation of platelet activation
- GO:0014911 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0043498 cell surface binding
- GO:0043536 positive regulation of blood vessel endothelial cell migration
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048008 platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0050921 positive regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of PDGF-B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|