Filter by Application:P Reset
|Rabbit anti Human nestin antibody recognizes human Nestin, an intermediate filament involved in cytoskeletal organisation.
Nestin is a marker of multipotent neuroectodermal cells and is downregulated as the cells cease division and differentiate to their neural or glial lineages.
Expression of Nestin is seen in almost all GBMs (Glioblastoma mulitformes) and many melanomas (both primary and metastatic) but not in any metastatic carcinomas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Macaque Mouse Bovine Dog Hamster Rat Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human Nestin were raised by repeated immunisation of Rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human Nestin (aa1484-1500).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP|
References for Nestin antibody
Johansen,T. et al. (2017) Comparative Analysis of Spontaneous and Stimulus-Evoked Calcium Transients in Proliferating and Differentiating Human Midbrain-Derived Stem Cells
Stem Cells International. 2017: 1-14.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030844 positive regulation of intermediate filament depolymerization
- GO:0031076 embryonic camera-type eye development
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0048858 cell projection morphogenesis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:2000179 positive regulation of neural precursor cell proliferation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up