Rabbit anti Human myosin regulatory light chain antibody recognizes human myosin regulatory light chain (MRLC), also known as MYL9 and LC20.
Myosin is a hexamer composed of two high molecular weight heavy chains and four light chain subunits, which include two alkali light chains and two MRLCs. MRLC functions to stabilize the myosin heavy chain, and may also modulate the availability of cross bridges to bind to actin. Phosphorylation of the MRLC by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is necessary for smooth muscle contraction via activating myosin ATPase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human Myosin Regulatory Light Chain were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 12-27 of human Myosin Regulatory Light Chain.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
muscle myosin complex
regulation of muscle contraction
structural constituent of muscle
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Myosin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Smooth muscle
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available