Goat anti Huma MMP7 antibody recognises matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7), a ~30 kDa member of the MMP family. MMP's are secreted as inactive zymogens which are activated when proteolytically cleaved by extracellular proteinases. They are involved in processes such as embryonic development, reproduction and tissue remodelling where they breakdown the extracellular matrix. This action is also exploited by diseases processes including arthritis and metastasis. MMP7 degrades casein, fibronectin, gelatin types I, III, IV, V, and activates procollagenase. This metalloproteinase has been identified as an activator of the Notch signalling pathway, and is also involved in wound healing and the regulation of defensins in intestinal mucosa.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MMP7 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QKLYGKRSNSRKK corresponding to the C-terminus of MMP7 (NP_002414.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P09237 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MMP7 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1081 detects a band of approximately 28kDa in human breast, ovary and placenta cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|
Product Specific References
Gaire, M. et al. (1994) Structure and expression of the human gene for the matrix metalloproteinase matrilysin.
J Biol Chem. 269 (3): 2032-40.