Goat anti Huma MMP7 antibody recognises matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7), a ~30 kDa member of the MMP family. MMP's are secreted as inactive zymogens which are activated when proteolytically cleaved by extracellular proteinases. They are involved in processes such as embryonic development, reproduction and tissue remodelling where they breakdown the extracellular matrix. This action is also exploited by diseases processes including arthritis and metastasis. MMP7 degrades casein, fibronectin, gelatin types I, III, IV, V, and activates procollagenase. This metalloproteinase has been identified as an activator of the Notch signalling pathway, and is also involved in wound healing and the regulation of defensins in intestinal mucosa.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MMP7 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence C-QKLYGKRSNSRKK corresponding to the C-terminus of MMP7 (NP_002414.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
proteinaceous extracellular matrix
zinc ion binding
collagen catabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MMP-7 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1081 detects a band of approximately 28kDa in human breast, ovary and placenta cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Gaire, M. et al. (1994) Structure and expression of the human gene for the matrix metalloproteinase matrilysin.
J Biol Chem. 269 (3): 2032-40.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra