The activation of gene transcription is a multistep process triggered by factors that recognize transcriptional enhancer sites in DNA, these factors work with co-activators to direct transcriptional initiation by the RNA polymerase II apparatus. The protein encoded by MED17 gene is a subunit of the CRSP (cofactor required for SP1 activation) complex, which, along with TFIID, is required for efficient activation by SP1. This protein is also a component of other multisubunit complexes e.g. thyroid hormone receptor-(TR-) associated proteins which interact with TR and facilitate TR function on DNA templates in conjunction with initiation factors and cofactors (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MED17 antibody detects a band of 95 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MED17 detects a band of approximately 95 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human MED17
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0006367 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016455 RNA polymerase II transcription mediator activity
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016592 mediator complex
- GO:0046966 thyroid hormone receptor binding
- GO:0030374 ligand-dependent nuclear receptor transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0042809 vitamin D receptor binding
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of MED17 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|