Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human LIVIN (C terminal) antibody recognizes human Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7, also known as Kidney inhibitor of apoptosis protein, Livin, RING finger protein 50 or Melanoma inhibitor of apoptosis protein, encoded by the BIRC7 gene. Livin is a 298 amino acid, ~30kDa member of the IAP family containing a single BIR repeat and a single RING -type Zinc finger domain. Goat anti human Livin antibody, recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human Livin. Two isoforms of livin are generated by alternative splicing α or isoform 2, and β or isoform 1, the latter carrying a 18 amino acid deletion toward the C-terminal region of the molecule. However, the deletion seen in Livin-β is outside the sequence used as immunogen for this Goat anti human Livin antibody which is expected to recognize both isoforms of the molecule.
Livin is upregulated in a number of cancer cell types demonstrating both nuclear and cytoplasmic localization in renal cancer cells whilst equivalent non-cancerous kidneys demonstrate only cytoplasmic staining in restricted cell types ( Wagener et al. 2007).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human LIVIN (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide sequence C-RAPVRSRVRT corresponding to the C-terminal region of LIVIN (UniProt: Q96CA5).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP648 detects bands of approximately 30 & 35kDa in MOLT4 cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Vucic, D. et al. (2002) SMAC negatively regulates the anti-apoptotic activity of melanoma inhibitor of apoptosis (ML-IAP).
J Biol Chem. 277 (14): 12275-9.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007257 activation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up