Goat anti Human LIVIN (C terminal) antibody
recognizes human Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7, also known as Kidney inhibitor of apoptosis protein, Livin, RING finger protein 50 or Melanoma inhibitor of apoptosis protein, encoded by the BIRC7 gene. Livin is a 298 amino acid, ~30kDa member of the IAP family containing a single BIR
repeat and a single RING -type Zinc finger
domain. Goat anti human Livin antibody, recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human Livin. Two isoforms of livin are generated by alternative splicing α or isoform 2, and β or isoform 1, the latter carrying a 18 amino acid deletion toward the C-terminal region of the molecule. However, the deletion seen in Livin-β is outside the sequence used as immunogen for this Goat anti human Livin antibody which is expected to recognize both isoforms of the molecule.
Livin is upregulated in a number of cancer cell types demonstrating both nuclear and cytoplasmic localization in renal cancer cells whilst equivalent non-cancerous kidneys demonstrate only cytoplasmic staining in restricted cell types ( Wagener et al. 2007
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human LIVIN (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide sequence C-RAPVRSRVRT corresponding to the C-terminal region of LIVIN (UniProt: Q96CA5).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
activation of JUN kinase activity
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Livin antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP648 detects bands of approximately 30 & 35kDa in MOLT4 cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Vucic, D. et al. (2002) SMAC negatively regulates the anti-apoptotic activity of melanoma inhibitor of apoptosis (ML-IAP).
J Biol Chem. 277 (14): 12275-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra