Rabbit anti Human interleukin-21 antibody recognizes human Interleukin-21 (IL-21), also known as Za11. IL-21 is a cytokine with immunoregulatory activity. IL-21 stimulates B- and T-cell proliferation and increases the activity of NK cells and disease-specific cytotoxic T-cells. It might also inhibit dendritic cell activation and maturation during the T-cell mediated immune response.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-21 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids from near the centre of human IL-21 precursor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-2 receptor binding
positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
positive regulation of tissue remodeling
positive regulation of T cell proliferation
positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-21 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human spleen
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-21 antibody
Tripodo, C. et al. (2010) Mast Cells and Th17 Cells Contribute to the Lymphoma-Associated Pro-Inflammatory Microenvironment of Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma.
Am J Pathol. 177: 792-802.
Coit, P. et al. (2016) DNA methylation analysis of the temporal artery microenvironment in giant cell arteritis.
Ann Rheum Dis. 75 (6): 1196-202.