IL-21 enhances the proliferation/differentiation of stimulated B-cells, the proliferation of bone marrow progenitor cells, and increases the activity of NK cells and disease-specific CD8+ T-cells. IL-21 signals through binding to the specific type I cytokine receptor IL-21R, coupled with the common cytokine receptor g chain (gc), initiating the activation of the JAK/STAT signalling pathway.
Goat anti Human Interleukin-21 antibody is suitable for use in immunocytochemistry on human spleen or tonsil cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human IL-21 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide C-RQLIDIVDQLKNYVNDLVPEFLPAPEDVE corresponding to amino acids 40-68 within the N-terminal region of human IL-21.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0045078 positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0048469 cell maturation
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-21 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1IL-21 antibody requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.