In vertebrates, the genes encoding the class of transcription factors called homeobox genes are found in clusters named A, B, C, and D on four separate chromosomes. Expression of these proteins is spatially and temporally regulated during embryonic development. HOXA9 gene is part of the A cluster on chromosome 7 and encodes a DNA-binding transcription factor which may regulate gene expression, morphogenesis, and differentiation. HOXA9 is highly similar to the abdominal-B (Abd-B) gene of Drosophila. A specific translocation event which causes a fusion between HOXA9 and the NUP98 gene has been associated with myeloid leukemogenesis. Read-through transcription exists between HOXA9 and the upstream homeobox A10 (HOXA10) gene (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2011).
Rabbit anti Human HOXA9 antibody detects a band of 30 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using human liver tissue lysate.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti HOXA9 detects a band of approximately 30 kDa in human liver tissue
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- A partial Recombinant HOXA9 (amino acids 63-272)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P31269 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HOXA9 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of HOXA9 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.