HADHA gene encodes the alpha subunit of the mitochondrial trifunctional protein, which catalyzes the last three steps of mitochondrial beta-oxidation of long chain fatty acids. The mitochondrial membrane-bound heterocomplex is composed of four alpha and four beta subunits, with the alpha subunit catalyzing the 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase and enoyl-CoA hydratase activities. Mutations in HADHA gene result in trifunctional protein deficiency (MTPD). The genes of the alpha and beta subunits of the mitochondrial trifunctional protein are located adjacent to each other in the human genome in a head-to-head orientation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human HADHA antibody detects a band of 78 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HADHA detects a band of approximately 78 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 737-763 of human HADHA
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003857 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0003985 acetyl-CoA C-acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0004300 enoyl-CoA hydratase activity
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006635 fatty acid beta-oxidation
- GO:0016507 fatty acid beta-oxidation multienzyme complex
- GO:0016509 long-chain-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0042645 mitochondrial nucleoid
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Hadha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|