Goat anti Human FTCD antibody
detects an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of formiminotransferase cyclodeaminase (FTCD). FTCD is a homo-octameric bifunctional enzyme which plays important roles in coupling histidine catabolism with folate metabolism, and integrating the Golgi complex with the vimentin intermediate filament cytoskeleton.
FTCD is present in all mammalian cells either free in the cytosol or tightly bound to the Golgi complex, and is most abundant in the liver. FTCD is linked to two human diseases, autoimmune hepatitis and glutamate formiminotransferase deficiency (Mao et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to FTCD were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.02%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide with sequence SQLVECVPNFSEGKNQ from the N-terminus of FTCD.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
folic acid binding
histidine catabolic process
folic acid-containing compound metabolic process
glutamate formimidoyltransferase activity
formimidoyltetrahydrofolate cyclodeaminase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of FTCD antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1063 detects a band of approximately 55-60kDa in human liver lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for FTCD antibody
Mao, Y. et al. (2004) Structure of the bifunctional and Golgi-associated formiminotransferase cyclodeaminase octamer.
EMBO J. 23 (15): 2963-71.
Renous, R. et al. (2004) Characterization of the antigenicity of the formiminotransferase-cyclodeaminase in type 2 autoimmune hepatitis.
Exp Cell Res. 292 (2): 332-41.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra