Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human FOXP2 antibody recognizes Forkhead box protein P2, also known as FOXP2, CAG repeat protein 44 or Trinucleotide repeat-containing gene 10 protein. FOXP2 is a 715 amino acid ~80 kDa nuclear transcriptional repressor with a role in brain and lung development.
Mutations in the FOXP2 gene has been identified Speech-language disorder 1 (SPCH1), a disorder characterized by severe orofacial dyspraxia with speech impairment (Lai et al. 2001).
Multiple potential isoforms of FOXP2 generated by alternative splicing have been described. Goat anti Human FOXP2 antibody (AHP2020) is expected to recognize the canonical isoform 1 and also isoforms 3 and 9. However the antibody is not expected other isoforms which lack the c-terminal region (UniProt : 015409).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human FOXP2 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-REIEEEPLSEDLE from the C Terminus of FOXP2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2020 detects a band of approximately 80kDa in human cerebellum cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
References for FOXP2 antibody
Vernes, S.C. et al. (2007) High-throughput analysis of promoter occupancy reveals direct neural targets of FOXP2, a gene mutated in speech and language disorders.
Am J Hum Genet. 81 (6): 1232-50.
Vernes, S.C. et al. (2006) Functional genetic analysis of mutations implicated in a human speech and language disorder.
Hum Mol Genet. 15 (21): 3154-67.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up