Mutations in the FOXP2 gene has been identified Speech-language disorder 1 (SPCH1), a disorder characterized by severe orofacial dyspraxia with speech impairment (Lai et al. 2001).
Multiple potential isoforms of FOXP2 generated by alternative splicing have been described. Goat anti Human FOXP2 antibody (AHP2020) is expected to recognize the canonical isoform 1 and also isoforms 3 and 9. However the antibody is not expected other isoforms which lack the c-terminal region (UniProt : 015409).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human FOXP2 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-REIEEEPLSEDLE from the C Terminus of FOXP2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of FOXP2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2020 detects a band of approximately 80kDa in human cerebellum cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for FOXP2 antibody
Vernes, S.C. et al. (2007) High-throughput analysis of promoter occupancy reveals direct neural targets of FOXP2, a gene mutated in speech and language disorders.
Am J Hum Genet. 81 (6): 1232-50.
Vernes, S.C. et al. (2006) Functional genetic analysis of mutations implicated in a human speech and language disorder.
Hum Mol Genet. 15 (21): 3154-67.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra