Goat anti Human Erb3 antibody is generated against a peptide located within the C-terminal region and is expected to recognize membrane bound isoforms 1,4 and 5 but not the short isoforms 2 and 3. ErbB3 is a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family of receptor tyrosine kinases and has neuregulin binding avtivity (Carraway et al. 1994). Heterodimerization of ErbB3 with other EGFR family members leads to cell proliferation and/or differentiation (Carraway and Cantley 1994).
Amplification of this gene and/or over expression of its protein has been reported in numerous cancers, including prostate, bladder, and breast tumors. In breast cancer it has been shown to dimerize with ErbB2 to drive tumour cell proliferation (Alimandi et al. 1995).
Goat anti Human ErbB3 antibody recognizes human ErbB3 as a 185 kDa band in a number of human cell line lysates tested. It also demonstrates cross reacts with rodent cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ErbB3 antibody detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-HSRLFPKANAQRT from the C-terminal region ErbB3 isoform 1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004714 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0019838 growth factor binding
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007162 negative regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0009968 negative regulation of signal transduction
- GO:0014037 Schwann cell differentiation
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0021545 cranial nerve development
- GO:0030296 protein tyrosine kinase activator activity
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051048 negative regulation of secretion
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ErbB3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (H/L):HRP||5160-2504||C E WB||2 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra