Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human ErbB3 antibody recognizes the human receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-3, also known as proto-oncogene-like protein c-ErbB-3 or tyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER3. ErbB3 is a 1342 amino acid single pass type 1 membrane glycoprotein, a tyrosine protein kinase containing a single protein kinase domain (Citri et al. 2003), the kinase domain is competent to bind ATP and retains sufficient activity for the catalysis of autophosphorylation (Shi et al. 2010). Multiple isoforms of ErbB3 are generated by alternative splicing (Katoh et al. 1993).
Goat anti Human Erb3 antibody was generated against a peptide corresponding to the C-terminal region of ErbB3 and is expected to recognize membrane bound isoforms 1,4 and 5 but not the short isoforms 2 and 3. ErbB3 is a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family of receptor tyrosine kinases and has neuregulin binding avtivity (Carraway et al. 1994). Heterodimerization of ErbB3 with other EGFR family members leads to cell proliferation and/or differentiation (Carraway and Cantley 1994).
Amplification of this gene and/or over expression the protein occurs in numerous cancers, including prostate, bladder, and breast tumors. In breast cancer it has been shown to dimerize with ErbB2 to drive tumor cell proliferation (Alimandi et al. 1995).
Goat anti Human ErbB3 antibody recognizes human ErbB3 as a 185 kDa band in a number of human cell line lysates tested and cross reacts with rodent cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ErbB3 antibody detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-HSRLFPKANAQRT from the C-terminal region ErbB3 isoform 1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for ErbB3 antibody
Holbro, T. et al. (2003) The ErbB2/ErbB3 heterodimer functions as an oncogenic unit: ErbB2 requires ErbB3 to drive breast tumor cell proliferation.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 100 (15): 8933-8.
Plowman, G.D. et al. (1990) Molecular cloning and expression of an additional epidermal growth factor receptor-related gene.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 87 (13): 4905-9.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004714 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0019838 growth factor binding
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007162 negative regulation of cell adhesion
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0009968 negative regulation of signal transduction
- GO:0014037 Schwann cell differentiation
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0021545 cranial nerve development
- GO:0030296 protein tyrosine kinase activator activity
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051048 negative regulation of secretion
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up