Filter by Application:P Reset
| Rabbit anti Human EGF recognizes human Epidermal Growth Factor, a potent stimulator and regulator of the proliferation of epidermal and epithelial cells, expressed by a variety of cells.
The effects of EGF are initiated through tyrosine kinase activity, following the binding of EGF to the extracellular domain of the ~170 kDa EGF receptor (EGFR), which also binds other EGF-like ligands with high affinity, including TGF-a (transforming growth factor alpha), VGF (vaccinia virus growth factor) and Betacellulin, expressed in the pancreas, small intestine and by certain tumour cells (Seno et al. 1996). Receptor activation through EGF binding triggers several signal transduction pathways, including the JAK/STAT and P13K/AKT pathways.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human EGF were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human EGF (PHP030A).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This biotinylated human EGF antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with a purified human EGF antibody (AHP767) as the capture reagent and recombinant human EGF (PHP030A) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti human EGF may be used as in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human EGF (PHP030A) as the positive control.
Carpenter, G. & Cohen, S. (1990) Epidermal growth factor.
J Biol Chem. 265 (14): 7709-12.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0030297 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activator activity
- GO:0045741 positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0035413 positive regulation of catenin import into nucleus
- GO:0042059 negative regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0051048 negative regulation of secretion
- GO:0090279 regulation of calcium ion import
- GO:2000008 regulation of protein localization at cell surface
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up