Delta-Like Protein 1 antibody
The Notch signalling pathway is an evolutionarily conserved pathway in multi-cellular organisms, which is vital for cell-cell communication, important during fundamental developmental and physiological processes, including regulation of cell fate decisions during neuronal, cardiac and endocrine development, stem cell haematopoiesis, thymic T-cell development, and both tumour progression and suppression.
Ligation of Notch receptors by their specific ligands, Jagged1 (CD339), Jagged2, Delta like-1 (DLL1), DLL3 and DLL4, on physically adjacent signal receiving cells, induces proteolysis of the receptors by ADAM-family metalloproteases and gamma-secretase complex, within the transmembrane domain, releasing the Notch intracellular domain (NICD) to translocate to the nucleus. Subsequent signal transduction then occurs through either the CSL-NICD-Mastermind complex cascade (canonical pathway), or NF-kappaB-NICD and CSL-NICD-Deltex complex signalling cascades (non-canonical pathway). The canonical pathway inhibits the differentiation of stem cells or progenitor cells, whilst the non-canonical pathway promotes differentiation.
DLL1 is widely expressed, and acts as a mediator of cell fate decisions during haematopoiesis, and may play a role in cell-to-cell communication in mammalian embryos. DLL1 plays an important role in B and T cell differentiation, in embryonic somite formation and patterning, and associates with the scaffolding protein MAGI1 at adherens junctions on neuronal processes. Signalling through DLL1 and Notch 2 has been implicated in the development of marginal zone B cells (MZB).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human DLL1 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-ATQRHLTVGEEWSQD from the internal region of DLL1 (NP_005609.3).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- O00548 Related reagents
- P97677 Related reagents
- Q61483 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DLL1 Related reagents
- Dll1 Related reagents
- Dll1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0001709 cell fate determination
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005112 Notch binding
- GO:0007154 cell communication
- GO:0007219 Notch signaling pathway
- GO:0007220 Notch receptor processing
- GO:0030097 hemopoiesis
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0009912 auditory receptor cell fate commitment
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001701 in utero embryonic development
- GO:0001757 somite specification
- GO:0007368 determination of left/right symmetry
- GO:0007386 compartment pattern formation
- GO:0031410 cytoplasmic vesicle
- GO:0042472 inner ear morphogenesis
- GO:0042475 odontogenesis of dentine-containing tooth
- GO:0045608 negative regulation of auditory receptor cell differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Delta-Like Protein 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2251detects a band of approximately 75kDa in mouse and rat heart cell lysates.