The protein encoded by CLU gene is a secreted chaperone that can under some stress conditions also be found in the cell cytosol. It has been suggested to be involved in several basic biological events such as cell death, tumor progression, and neurodegenerative disorders. Alternate splicing results in both coding and non-coding variants (provided by RefSeq, May 2011).
Rabbit anti Human clusterin antibody detects a band of 65 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti clusterin detects a band of approximately 65 kDa in A549 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the C terminal region of human clusterin
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0006629 lipid metabolic process
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0051787 misfolded protein binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0032463 negative regulation of protein homooligomerization
- GO:0034366 spherical high-density lipoprotein particle
- GO:0043691 reverse cholesterol transport
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0051788 response to misfolded protein
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Clusterin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra