Clusterin is a component of the SC5b-9 complex which plays a role in inhibiting the complement cascade, through the prevention of the binding of a C5b-C7 complex to the membrane of the target cell. Clusterin exists as both a pro-apoptotic form localised to the nucleus, and a pro-survival secreted form, and has been detected at elevated levels in Alzheimer’s disease, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, and various cancers, including bladder, prostate, and breast tumours.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human clusterin (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-EKALQEYRKKHREE from the C-Terminal region of clusterin (NP_001822.2; NP_976084.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0006629 lipid metabolic process
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0051787 misfolded protein binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0032463 negative regulation of protein homooligomerization
- GO:0034366 spherical high-density lipoprotein particle
- GO:0043691 reverse cholesterol transport
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0051788 response to misfolded protein
- For research purposes only
Applications of Clusterin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2129 detects a band of approximately 35-37kDa in human colon, kidney and prostate cell lysates.