Goat anti Human clusterin antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human clusterin, otherwise known as Apolipoprotein J, a ubiquitously expressed glycoprotein and member of the clusterin family, implicated in apoptosis (programmed cell death), cell-cell adhesion, DNA repair, membrane recycling, spermatogenesis, and the inhibition of complement-mediated cell lysis.
Clusterin is a component of the SC5b-9 complex which plays a role in inhibiting the complement cascade, through the prevention of the binding of a C5b-C7 complex to the membrane of the target cell. Clusterin exists as both a pro-apoptotic form localised to the nucleus, and a pro-survival secreted form, and has been detected at elevated levels in Alzheimer’s disease, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, and various cancers, including bladder, prostate, and breast tumours.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human clusterin (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-EKALQEYRKKHREE from the C-Terminal region of clusterin (NP_001822.2; NP_976084.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
response to virus
lipid metabolic process
complement activation, classical pathway
misfolded protein binding
platelet alpha granule lumen
negative regulation of protein homooligomerization
spherical high-density lipoprotein particle
reverse cholesterol transport
innate immune response
response to misfolded protein
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Clusterin antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP2129 detects a band of approximately 35-37kDa in human colon, kidney and prostate cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra