Goat anti Human CD284 antibody
recognizes the human Toll-like receptor 4, also known as CD284, hToll
or TLR4. CD284 is an 839 amino acid ~96 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed by peripheral blood leucocytes, activated T cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes and endothelial cells. CD284 plays a primary role in the activation of innate immunity (UniProt: O00206
Goat anti Human CD284 antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of CD284, a highly conserved member of the toll-like receptor family which acts as a receptor for bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS) in co-operation with CD14 and MD2 (LY96), resulting in the activation of the MyD88-dependent and MyD88-independent (TRIF-dependent) signalling pathways and the production of inflammatory cytokines. LPS-activated CD284 can also induce dendritic cell maturation via TRIF-dependent signaling.
Goat anti Human CD284 antibody is reported to be suitable for use in immunocytochemistry on acetone fixed cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human CD284 (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide LIQSFKLPEYFSNLTNLEHLDLSSNKIQSIYC corresponding to amino acids 161-192 within the N-terminal region of Human CD284.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD284 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Spleen or tonsil
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra