Rabbit anti Human CD274 antibody detects CD274, also known as B7-H1 and PD-1L, a cell surface glycoprotein, a member of the B7 family of co-stimulatory molecules. CD274 is expressed constitutively on macrophages and dendritic cells, and is induced on activated T-cells, B-cells, endothelial cells and epithelial cells in response to Interferons alpha, beta and gamma. CD274 is reported to possess dual functions; inhibition of activated effector T cells and co-stimulation of naïve T cells. CD274 inhibits proliferation of activated T cells via ligation to the co-inhibitory molecule CD279 (programmed death-1; PD-1) leading to the secretion of the regulatory cytokine interleukin-10. CD274 has also been shown to co-stimulate early T cell priming and differentiation. Deregulated CD274 function has been reported in chronic viral and intracellular bacterial infection, as well as in many autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD274 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 17 amino acid sequence from near the centre of Human CD274.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
T cell costimulation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD274 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human heart tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1703 detects a band of approximately 32kDa in Raji cell lysate.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD274 antibody
Satelli, A. et al. (2016) Potential role of nuclear PD-L1 expression in cell-surface vimentin positive circulating tumor cells as a prognostic marker in cancer patients.
Sci Rep. 6: 28910.
Lagier, A.J. & Pober, J.S. (2006) Immune accessory functions of human endothelial cells are modulated by overexpression of B7-H1 (PDL1).
Hum Immunol. 67 (8): 568-78.
Holling, T.M. et al. (2004) Function and regulation of MHC class II molecules in T-lymphocytes: of mice and men.
Hum Immunol. 65 (4): 282-90.
Ishida, Y. et al. (1992) Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death.
EMBO J. 11 (11): 3887-95.