Rabbit anti Human CD234 antibody detects CD234, also known as DARC, a multi-pass membrane protein belonging to the G protein coupled Duffy family. CD234 is a non-specific receptor for a number of cytokines including IL-8, GRO, RANTES, MCP-1 and TARC. CD234 also functions as the receptor for the malaria parasites Plasmodium vivax and P. knowlesi. CD234 is also responsible for the Duffy blood group system where a substitution at position 42 of either Gly-42 or Asp-42 results in Fy(A) or Fy(B). CD234 is present in adult kidney, adult spleen, bone marrow and fetal liver. In particular, it is expressed along post capillary venules throughout the body, except in the adult liver. Erythroid cells and post capillary venule endothelium are the principle tissues expressing duffy. Fy(-A-B) individuals do not express duffy in the bone marrow, however they do, in postcapillary venule endothelium. It has been demonstrated that CD234 exists in multiple isoforms.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD234 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminus of Human CD234.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD234 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1707 detects bands of approximately 23 and 36kDa in Mouse brain tissue lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Gardner, L. et al. (2004) The human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory but not homeostatic chemokines.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 321 (2): 306-12.
Chaudhuri A et al. (1993) Cloning of glycoprotein D cDNA, which encodes the major subunit of the Duffy blood group system and the receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 90 (22): 10793-7.
Gil, M.L. et al. (1992) A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and preliminary functional studies.
J Immunol. 148 (9): 2826-33.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra