Rabbit anti Human CD234 antibody detects CD234, also known as DARC, a multi-pass membrane protein belonging to the G protein coupled Duffy family. CD234 is a non-specific receptor for a number of cytokines including IL-8, GRO, RANTES, MCP-1 and TARC. CD234 also functions as the receptor for the malaria parasites Plasmodium vivax and P. knowlesi. CD234 is also responsible for the Duffy blood group system where a substitution at position 42 of either Gly-42 or Asp-42 results in Fy(A) or Fy(B). CD234 is present in adult kidney, adult spleen, bone marrow and fetal liver. In particular, it is expressed along post capillary venules throughout the body, except in the adult liver. Erythroid cells and post capillary venule endothelium are the principle tissues expressing duffy. Fy(-A-B) individuals do not express duffy in the bone marrow, however they do, in postcapillary venule endothelium. It has been demonstrated that CD234 exists in multiple isoforms.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD234 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminus of Human CD234.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q16570 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DARC Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD234 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1707 detects bands of approximately 23 and 36kDa in Mouse brain tissue lysate.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||500 ml||P|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||50 ml||P|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||0.5 ml||WB*|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||50 Tests||C P|
Product Specific References
Gardner, L. et al. (2004) The human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory but not homeostatic chemokines.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 321 (2): 306-12.
Chaudhuri A et al. (1993) Cloning of glycoprotein D cDNA, which encodes the major subunit of the Duffy blood group system and the receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 90 (22): 10793-7.
Gil, M.L. et al. (1992) A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and preliminary functional studies.
J Immunol. 148 (9): 2826-33.