Filter by Application:WB Reset
Goat anti Human CD14
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Goat anti Human CD14 antibody recognizes human CD14, a 55 kDa receptor for endotoxin and other bacterial cell wall components.Goat anti Human CD14 antibody detects an epitope within the internal region of CD14. CD14 acts as a multiligand pattern recognition receptor, inducing specific coassembly of additional receptors, including MD-2 and TLR4 as part of the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) receptor.
The LPS receptor is expressed strongly on the surface of monocytes and weakly on the surface of granulocytes, and is also expressed by most tissue macrophages. Activation of the LPS receptor leads to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. CD14 also up-regulates cell surface molecules, including adhesion molecules, and has been shown to bind apoptotic cells
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD14 were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide, reactivity with the carrier protein was removed during purification.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-KRVDADADPRQYAD corresponding to amino acid residues 71-84 of the human CD14 precursor conjugated to a carrier protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||4||6 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting||1||3 ug/ml|
- 1Heat-mediated antigen retrieval is required prior to staining paraffin sections with this antibody. Citrate buffer, pH6.0, is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Spleen
- Western Blotting
- AHP1059 detects a band of approximately 55kD in human lung, lymph node and tonsil lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Triantafilou, M. & Triantafilou, K. (2002) Lipopolysaccharide recognition: CD14, TLRs and the LPS-activation cluster.
Trends Immunol. 23 (6): 301-4.
Miyake, K. (2003) Innate recognition of lipopolysaccharide by CD14 and toll-like receptor 4-MD-2: unique roles for MD-2.
Int Immunopharmacol. 3 (1): 119-28.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001530 lipopolysaccharide binding
- GO:0001847 opsonin receptor activity
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0006909 phagocytosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0016019 peptidoglycan receptor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0032760 positive regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0070891 lipoteichoic acid binding
- GO:0071222 cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0071223 cellular response to lipoteichoic acid
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up