Goat anti Human CD14 antibody recognizes human CD14, a 55 kDa receptor for endotoxin and other bacterial cell wall components.Goat anti Human CD14 antibody detects an epitope within the internal region of CD14. CD14 acts as a multiligand pattern recognition receptor, inducing specific coassembly of additional receptors, including MD-2 and TLR4 as part of the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) receptor.
The LPS receptor is expressed strongly on the surface of monocytes and weakly on the surface of granulocytes, and is also expressed by most tissue macrophages. Activation of the LPS receptor leads to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. CD14 also up-regulates cell surface molecules, including adhesion molecules, and has been shown to bind apoptotic cells
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD14 were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide, reactivity with the carrier protein was removed during purification.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.02%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide with sequence C-KRVDADADPRQYAD corresponding to amino acid residues 71-84 of the human CD14 precursor conjugated to a carrier protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
opsonin receptor activity
Toll signaling pathway
anchored to membrane
peptidoglycan receptor activity
positive regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
innate immune response
lipoteichoic acid binding
cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
cellular response to lipoteichoic acid
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD14 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1Heat-mediated antigen retrieval is required prior to staining paraffin sections with this antibody. Citrate buffer, pH6.0, is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Spleen
- Western Blotting
- AHP1059 detects a band of approximately 55kD in human lung, lymph node and tonsil lysates.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD14 antibody
Triantafilou, M. & Triantafilou, K. (2002) Lipopolysaccharide recognition: CD14, TLRs and the LPS-activation cluster.
Trends Immunol. 23 (6): 301-4.
Miyake, K. (2003) Innate recognition of lipopolysaccharide by CD14 and toll-like receptor 4-MD-2: unique roles for MD-2.
Int Immunopharmacol. 3 (1): 119-28.