Rabbit anti ARGINASE-1
Rabbit anti-human arginase-1 antibody recognizes arginase-1, also known as liver-type arginase or type I arginase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Arginase catalyzes the hydrolysis of arginine to ornithine and urea. At least two isoforms of mammalian arginase exist (types I and II) which differ in their tissue distribution, subcellular localization, immunologic crossreactivity and physiologic function. The type I isoform encoded by ARG1 gene is a cytosolic enzyme and expressed predominantly in the liver as a component of the urea cycle. Inherited deficiency of this enzyme results in argininemia (ARGIN), an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by hyperammonemia (Carvalho et al. 2012). Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for ARG1 (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Rabbit anti Human arginase-1 antibody detects a band of 38 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using tissue and whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti arginase-1 detects a band of approximately 38 kDa in human liver tissue lysate.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 293-322 of human arginase-1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05089 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ARG1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000050 urea cycle
- GO:0004053 arginase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006527 arginine catabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of ARGINASE-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.