Goat anti AIF1 antibody
recognizes human allograft inflammatory factor 1 (AIF1), otherwise known as Ionized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1 (IBA1). AIF1 is a 147 amino acid ~17kDa actin-binding protein involved in macrophage activation, vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and activation and T-lymphocyte proliferation (UniProt P55008
). Goat anti AIF1 antibody recognizes epitopes at the C-terminal region of AIF1 and is expected to recognize AIF1 isoform 1 and isoform 3 formed by alternative splicing.
AIF1 was first identified in rat cardiac allografts with chronic rejection (Utans et al. 1995
), is expressed by activated monocytes and macrophages (Orsmark et al. 2007
) and plays a significant role in vascular inflammation (Chen et al. 2004
Goat anti AIF1 has been used successfully for the identification of AIF1 expressing cells in an inflammatory model in formalin fixed mouse brain following heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer by immunohistochemistry (Wang et al. 2014
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human AIF1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-TGPPAKKAISELP from the C-terminal region of AIF1 (NP_116573.1; NP_001614.3).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
actin filament binding
actin filament bundle assembly
cell cycle arrest
negative regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of AIF1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining paraffin sections. Tris/EDTA buffer pH9.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP2024 detects a band of approximately 16kDa in rat brain cell lysates.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for AIF1 antibody
Wang, X. et al. (2014) Pseudoginsenoside-F11 (PF11) exerts anti-neuroinflammatory effects on LPS-activated microglial cells by inhibiting TLR4-mediated TAK1/IKK/NF-κB, MAPKs and Akt signaling pathways.
Neuropharmacology. 79: 642-56.