Goat anti Human ABCB5 antibody recognises human ABCB5 (ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 5), a P-glycoprotein and member of the conserved ABC transporter family, which acts as an energy-dependent efflux transporter for rhodamine. ABCB5 is primarily expressed by skin progenitor cells and shown to act as a regulator of cell fusion and determinant of membrane potential. Studies have revealed the expression of ABCB5 in human malignant melanoma tumours, and in particular its association with CD133+ stem cell phenotype-expressing cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to ABCB5 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QTQHRNTSKKAQ from the internal region of ABCB5 (NP_848654.3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ABCB5 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1667 detects a band of approximately 80kDa in A431cell lysates
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for ABCB5 antibody
Parmakhtiar, B. et al. (2019) HIF Inactivation of p53 in Ovarian Cancer Can Be Reversed by Topotecan, Restoring Cisplatin and Paclitaxel Sensitivity.
Mol Cancer Res. 17 (8): 1675-86.
Moitra, K. et al. (2011) Molecular evolutionary analysis of ABCB5: the ancestral gene is a full transporter with potentially deleterious single nucleotide polymorphisms.
PLoS One. 6: e16318.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra