The protein encoded by the A4GALT gene catalyzes the transfer of galactose to lactosylceramide to form globotriaosylceramide, which has been identified as the P(k) antigen of the P blood group system. The encoded protein, a single pass, type II membrane glycoprotein found in the Golgi, is also required for the synthesis of the bacterial verotoxins receptor (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human A4GALT antibody detects a band of 40 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti A4GALT detects a band of approximately 40 kDa in HT-1080 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human A4GALT
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005795 Golgi stack
- GO:0006688 glycosphingolipid biosynthetic process
- GO:0007009 plasma membrane organization
- GO:0030173 integral to Golgi membrane
- GO:0050512 lactosylceramide 4-alpha-galactosyltransferase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of A4GALT antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|