Rabbit anti A4GALT
Rabbit anti-human A4GALT antibody recognizes lactosylceramide 4-alpha-galactosyltransferase, also known as CD77 synthase, GB3 synthase, P blood group (P one antigen), or UDP-galactose:beta-D-galactosyl-beta1-R 4-alpha-D-galactosyltransferase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by the A4GALT gene catalyzes the transfer of galactose to lactosylceramide to form globotriaosylceramide, which has been identified as the P(k) antigen of the P blood group system. The encoded protein, a single pass, type II membrane glycoprotein found in the Golgi, is also required for the synthesis of the bacterial verotoxins receptor (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human A4GALT antibody detects a band of 40 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti A4GALT detects a band of approximately 40 kDa in HT-1080 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human A4GALT
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q9NPC4 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- A4GALT Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005795 Golgi stack
- GO:0006688 glycosphingolipid biosynthetic process
- GO:0007009 plasma membrane organization
- GO:0030173 integral to Golgi membrane
- GO:0050512 lactosylceramide 4-alpha-galactosyltransferase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of A4GALT antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.