CD117 antibody | 2B8/BM
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Pig CD117:Alexa Fluor® 488
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Pig CD117, clone 2B8/BM is specific for porcine CD117, also known as c-kit, a 155 kDa type I transmembrane protein with protein tyrosine kinase activity, which plays an important role in early hematopoiesis (Perez et al. 2007).
Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) of bone marrow have multilineage differentiation potential and an extensive capacity for self-renewal. The majority of adult bone marrow hematopoietic progenitor cells are CD117+ and have been used successfully in xenograft transplantation models for long term survival of grafts, without symptoms of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD).
Mouse anti pig CD117, clone 2B8/BM recognizes CD117 on a small subset of porcine bone marrow progenitor cells and therefore provides an alternative tool from the previously used c-kit ligand stem cell factor, for the isolation and enrichment of porcine stem cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Porcine bone marrow cells (BMC).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.05mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mouse were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) Alexa Fluor®488 495 519
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product is provided under an intellectual property licence from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchase product solely in research, excluding contract research or any fee for service research, and the buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad CA 92008 USA or email@example.com
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for CD117 antibody
Wehman, B. et al. (2017) Cardiac Progenitor Cells Enhance Neonatal Right Ventricular Function After Pulmonary Artery Banding.
Ann Thorac Surg. 104 (6): 2045-53.
Pérez C et al. (2007) Characterisation of porcine bone marrow progenitor cells identified by the anti-c-kit (CD117) monoclonal antibody 2B8/BM.
J Immunol Methods. 321 (1-2): 70-9.
Hatzistergos, K.E. et al. (2010) Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells stimulate cardiac stem cell proliferation and differentiation.
Circ Res. 107: 913-22.
Escalona, Z. et al. (2014) Molecular characterization and expression of porcine Siglec-5.
Dev Comp Immunol. 44 (1): 206-16.
Wehman, B. et al. (2016) Mesenchymal Stem Cells Preserve Neonatal Right Ventricular Function In A Porcine Model Of Pressure Overload.
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. Apr 22:ajpheart.00955.2015. [Epub ahead of print]
Wehman, B. et al. (2016) Intracoronary Stem Cell Delivery to the Right Ventricle: A Preclinical Study.
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 28 (4): 817-24.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up