SET antibody | AB02/4F6
The protein encoded by this gene inhibits acetylation of nucleosomes, especially histone H4, by histone acetylases (HAT). This inhibition is most likely accomplished by masking histone lysines from being acetylated, and the consequence is to silence HAT-dependent transcription. The encoded protein is part of a complex localized to the endoplasmic reticulum but is found in the nucleus and inhibits apoptosis following attack by cytotoxic T lymphocytes. This protein can also enhance DNA replication of the adenovirus genome. Several transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human SET antibody detects a band of 41 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti SET antibody detects a band of approximately 41 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human SET (aa 1-290)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q01105 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SET Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0006334 nucleosome assembly
- GO:0042393 histone binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004864 protein phosphatase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006337 nucleosome disassembly
- GO:0006913 nucleocytoplasmic transport
- GO:0008601 protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0035067 negative regulation of histone acetylation
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SET antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.