RPS5 antibody | rCD02-2C12
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti RPS5 antibody recognizes 40S ribosomal protein S5 (RPS5).
Ribosomes are complexes that translate mRNA into protein, and consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit (Ameismeier et al. 2018). RPS5 is a component of the 40S subunit of ribosomes (Visweswaraiah and Hinnebusch 2017). RPS5 has been found to regulate P13K/Akt, NF-kappaB and MAP kinase (MAPK) pathways in osteoclastogenesis, and has been suggested as a potential target for treatment of osteoporosis (Chen et al. 2017). Many mammalian ribosomal proteins, including RPS5, appear to also have non-mitochondrial roles. RPS5 has been found to enter the nucleus and nucleoli in mouse cells (Matragkou et al. 2009).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti RPS5 antibody detects a band of approximately 23 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Recombinant IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from cell culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli--derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-204 of human RPS5
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0003729 mRNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0006413 translational initiation
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0006450 regulation of translational fidelity
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up