PP1 Alpha antibody | OTI6E5
Mouse anti PP1 Alpha
PP1 alpha antibody recognizes PP1 alpha, also known as serine/threonine protein phosphatase PP1-alpha 1 catalytic subunit.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by PPP1CA is one of the three catalytic subunits of protein phosphatase 1 (PP1). PP1 is a serine/threonine specific protein phosphatase known to be involved in the regulation of a variety of cellular processes, such as cell division, glycogen metabolism, muscle contractility, protein synthesis, and HIV-1 viral transcription. Increased PP1 activity has been observed in the end stage of heart failure. Studies in both human and mice suggest that PP1 is an important regulator of cardiac function. Mouse studies also suggest that PP1 functions as a suppressor of learning and memory. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PPP1CA (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PP1 alpha antibody detects a band of 38 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PP1 alpha detects a band of approximately 38 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived full length recombinant protein of human PP1 alpha
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P62136 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PPP1CA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004722 protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005977 glycogen metabolic process
- GO:0006470 protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0008599 protein phosphatase type 1 regulator activity
- GO:0019433 triglyceride catabolic process
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0070688 MLL5-L complex
- GO:0072357 PTW/PP1 phosphatase complex
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of PP1 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.