NGAL antibody | D02-7D4
Filter by Application:E Reset
Mouse anti Human NGAL:Biotin
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human NGAL antibody, clone D02-7D4, recognizes Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin (NGAL) also known as lipocalin-2, 24 kDa alpha-2-microglobin-related subunit of MMP-9 and siderocalin. NGAL is a 198 amino acid 25 kDa secreted protein which possesses a lipid binding domain which enables it to bind small hydrophobic ligand molecules such as bacterial siderophores (Bauvois & Susin 2018, Abella et al. 2015). As well as the 25 kDa form, NGAL can exist as a 46 kDa homodimer and a 130 kDa heterodimer with MMP-9. The interaction with MMP-9 occurs in the extracellular space upon secretion of both proteins. It is through this interaction that MMP-9 proteolytic activity can be inhibited (Chakraborty et al. 2012).
NGAL is expressed in various cell types including adipocytes, hepatocytes, pneumocytes, splenocytes, mesangial and microglial cells. NGAL has also been observed circulating at low levels in urine and blood of healthy subjects (40-109 ng/ml) . However it is overexpressed during various inflammatory, metabolic, neurologic and cancer pathologies. The higher levels of NGAL expression in these diseases have been correlated with disease severity and poor prognosis (Bauvois & Susin 2018, Chakraborty et al. 2012).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human NGAL antibody, clone D02-7D4 (MCA6199B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human NGAL antibody, clone D11-6D10 (MCA6198GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human NGAL (Gln21-Gly198)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6198GA ELISA Antigen-Positive Control: PHP302
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up