Myeloperoxidase antibody | D08-8G5
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human myeloperoxidase antibody, clone D08-8G5, recognizes myeloperoxidase (MPO), a heme-containing enzyme belonging to the XPO subfamily of peroxidases. It is largely expressed by neutrophils within azurophilic granules, but is also present in monocytes, macrophages and central nervous microglial cells (Strzepa et al. 2017). MPO is synthesized as a precursor protein that undergoes a series of modifications including cleavage and glycosylation to form the catalytically inactive MPO precursor. Subsequently an iron-heme is incorporated into the protein resulting in the catalytically active MPO (Hansson et al. 2006).
In response to bacterial infection, neutrophils containing MPO fuse with the phagosome and when the common membrane is ruptured, MPO is release into the phagosome. MPO then uses H2O2 to generate the bactericidal compound, hypochlorous acid (HClO) (Strzepa et al. 2017).
MPO deficiency is associated with a higher occurrence of severe infections and chronic inflammatory processes, although ~50% of individuals are asymptomatic (Antachopoulos 2010).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human myeloperoxidase antibody, clone D08-8G5 (MCA6261B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human myeloperoxidase antibody, clone D02-2A1 (MCA6260GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Purified native human myeloperoxidase
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6260GA
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004601 peroxidase activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0034374 low-density lipoprotein particle remodeling
- GO:0042744 hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up