MRE11 antibody | AB02/1D11
MRE11A gene encodes a nuclear protein involved in homologous recombination, telomere length maintenance, and DNA double-strand break repair. By itself, the protein has 3' to 5' exonuclease activity and endonuclease activity. The protein forms a complex with the RAD50 homolog; this complex is required for nonhomologous joining of DNA ends and possesses increased single-stranded DNA endonuclease and 3' to 5' exonuclease activities. In conjunction with a DNA ligase, this protein promotes the joining of noncomplementary ends in vitro using short homologies near the ends of the DNA fragments. MRE11A has a pseudogene on chromosome 3. Alternative splicing of MRE11A results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human MRE11 antibody detects a band of 81 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MRE11 detects a band of approximately 81 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human MRE11A (amino acids 182 - 582)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P49959 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MRE11A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000014 single-stranded DNA specific endodeoxyribonuclease activity
- GO:0000019 regulation of mitotic recombination
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006303 double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
- GO:0007004 telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0007062 sister chromatid cohesion
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008408 3'-5' exonuclease activity
- GO:0030145 manganese ion binding
- GO:0030870 Mre11 complex
- GO:0031954 positive regulation of protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0032508 DNA duplex unwinding
- GO:0032876 negative regulation of DNA endoreduplication
- GO:0033674 positive regulation of kinase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MRE11 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.