MMP-9 antibody | B10-7B9
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human MMP-9 antibody, clone B10-7B9, recognizes matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) also known as 92 kDa gelatinase and 92 kDa type IV collagenase. MMP-9 is a member of the zinc-dependent endopeptidases and is expressed in various cell types, including neutrophils, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cell (Huang 2018). Expression of MMP-9 is induced by pro-inflammatory cytokines and is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme with a 19 amino acid N-terminal signal peptide. It can then be secreted by the cell into the extracellular environment where it is modified into the inactive pro-MMP9. At this point it can be activated by various proteases such as MMP-3, to generate the activated 82 kDa form (Vandooren et al. 2013). Activated MMP-9 can proteolytically cleave many extracellular matrix proteins including gelatin, collagen and elastin as part of extracellular matrix remodeling.
Overexpression of MMP-9 has been observed in a range of malignant tumors and its’ extracellular matrix remodeling has been linked with mediating tumor invasion, metastasis, angiogenesis and regulating the tumor microenvironment (Huang 2018). MMP-9 has also been associated with other pathologies including autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases.
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-9 antibody, clone B10-7B9 (MCA6197B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human MMP-9 antibody, clone I13-2E1 (MCA6196GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant fragment of human MMP-9 (Gly373-Pro456)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6196GA
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030225 macrophage differentiation
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0051549 positive regulation of keratinocyte migration
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up