Megalin antibody | AbD11723
Megalin is a multi-ligand binding receptor involved in the mediation of various cell processes including the binding of plasminogen, lactoferin and various extracellular matrix components. In association with RAP, megalin forms the Heymann nephritis antigenic complex. Magalin is located in absorptive epithelia including the renal proximal tubules.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with V5 and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
- StrepTactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human megalin (aa sequence 1024-1224) – N1 fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- P98164 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- LRP2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005905 coated pit
- GO:0006486 protein glycosylation
- GO:0006898 receptor-mediated endocytosis
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0042359 vitamin D metabolic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Megalin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1:50||1:100|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney