HPRT1 antibody | 5F11A7
The protein encoded by HPRT1 gene is a transferase, which catalyzes conversion of hypoxanthine to inosine monophosphate and guanine to guanosine monophosphate via transfer of the 5-phosphoribosyl group from 5-phosphoribosyl 1-pyrophosphate. This enzyme plays a central role in the generation of purine nucleotides through the purine salvage pathway. Mutations in HPRT1 result in Lesch-Nyhan syndrome (LNS) or gout (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2009).
Mouse anti Human HPRT1 antibody detects a band of 24 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HPRT1 detects a band of approximately 24 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human HPRT1 (aa1-218) expressed in E. Coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0001975 response to amphetamine
- GO:0004422 hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006166 purine ribonucleoside salvage
- GO:0006168 adenine salvage
- GO:0006178 guanine salvage
- GO:0007625 grooming behavior
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0021756 striatum development
- GO:0021895 cerebral cortex neuron differentiation
- GO:0021954 central nervous system neuron development
- GO:0032263 GMP salvage
- GO:0032264 IMP salvage
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045964 positive regulation of dopamine metabolic process
- GO:0046100 hypoxanthine metabolic process
- GO:0046651 lymphocyte proliferation
- GO:0048813 dendrite morphogenesis
- GO:0051289 protein homotetramerization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of HPRT1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra