Heat Shock 70 Kda Protein 5 antibody | CD01/1A7
Heat shock 70 kDa protein 5 is a member of the heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) family. It is localized in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), and is involved in the folding and assembly of proteins in the ER. As this protein interacts with many ER proteins, it may play a key role in monitoring protein transport through the cell (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2010).
Mouse anti Human heat shock 70 kDa Protein 5 antibody detects a band of 78 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti heat shock 70 kDa protein 5 detects a band of approximately 78 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human heat shock 70 kDa protein 5 (amino acids 1 - 654)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P11021 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HSPA5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0051087 chaperone binding
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0005793 ER-Golgi intermediate compartment
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030176 integral to endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0030433 ER-associated protein catabolic process
- GO:0030496 midbody
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042149 cellular response to glucose starvation
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043027 caspase inhibitor activity
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0060904 regulation of protein folding in endoplasmic reticulum
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Heat Shock 70 Kda Protein 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.