Human anti Human HbA1c antibody, clone AbD15790_IgG1
recognizes HbA1c, hemoglobin glycated at the N-terminal valine of the hemoglobin β chain. It does not bind to non-glycated hemoglobin. Besides binding to the normal glycated hemoglobin. Human anti Human HbA1c antibody, clone AbD15790_IgG1 also recognizes the glycated hemoglobin variants HbE and HbD, but does not recognize the HbS or HbC variants. Elevated HbF is not detected due to the absence of the hemoglobin β chain.
The measurement of HbA1c levels is used to identify the average plasma glucose concentration. In diabetes mellitus, higher levels of HbA1c have been associated with cardiovascular disease and other diseases. Levels of more than 6.5% HbA1c (48 mmol/mol) are used as a criterion to diagnose diabetes. This antibody is also available in a Fab format (HCA181
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line.This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The immunogens used in the generation of this antibody were:
A glycated peptide, corresponding to N-terminal 9 amino acids of haemoglobin beta chain coupled to the carrier proteins BSA and TRF
- The affinity of this antibody, as a monovalent fab measured against the immunogen, was measured as KD=13 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis using HbA1c-BSA and HbA1c-TRF conjugates as immobilized antigen.
The affinity of this antibody, as a monovalent fab measured against purified HbA1c, was measured as KD=80 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis using full length HbA1c as immobilized antigen
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HbA1c antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra