GLRX antibody | AB01/1D2
Filter by Application:WB IP Reset
|Mouse anti GLRX antibody recognizes glutaredoxin-1, also known as TTase-1 and GRX.
GLRX is a redox-regulator and is involved with cell survival through a number of mechanisms. The protein plays an important role in responses to oxidative stress, which is a significant risk factor for many diseases. GLRX fused to PEP-1 peptide has been shown to attenuate neuronal cell death that results from oxidative stress, and therefore, PEP-1-GLRX1 has been suggested as beneficial for treating neuronal disorders (Ryu et al. 2018). Exogenous GLRX may also have therapeutic potential in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, also due to its role in oxidative stress (Anathy et al. 2018). Inhibition of GLRX enhances the effect of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib in non-small-cell lung cancer calls that are resistant to this drug (Wang et al. 2019).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti xx antibody detects a band of approximately 11 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-147 of human GLRX
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0022900 electron transport chain
- GO:0006810 transport
- GO:0015038 glutathione disulfide oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0015035 protein disulfide oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0015949 nucleobase, nucleoside and nucleotide interconversion
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up