GAPDH antibody | AbD22549_hIgG1
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Human anti GAPDH
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Human anti GAPDH antibody, clone AbD22549_hIgG1 recognizes human glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), a 335 amino acid multifunctional protein. The main function of GAPDH is to catalyse the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, in conjunction with inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). It is a major glycolytic enzyme within the cytosol and is also involved in a number of intracellular processes, including membrane fusion, microtubule bundling, phosphotransferase, DNA replication and DNA repair. It has also been shown to translocate to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death.
GAPDH has been shown to bind to several proteins that are responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
Since GAPDH is constitutively expressed in almost all tissues at high levels, this antibody is recommended for use as a loading control for western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody selected from the HuCAL phage display library and expressed in a human cell line - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human GAPDH
- The intrinsic affinity of the monovalent form of Human anti GAPDH antibody, clone AbD22549 is KD = 2 nM as measured by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized GAPDH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual.
- Western Blotting
- Anti GAPDH antibody detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate under reducing conditions.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||STAR126P||E WB||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB *||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP|
- GLYCERALDEHYDE-3-PHOSPHATE Dehydrogenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up