FTO antibody | OTI4A1
FTO is a nuclear protein of the AlkB related non-haem iron and 2-oxoglutarate-dependent oxygenase superfamily but the exact physiological function of FTO is not known. Other non-heme iron enzymes function to reverse alkylated DNA and RNA damage by oxidative demethylation. Studies in mice and humans indicate a role in nervous and cardiovascular systems and a strong association with body mass index, obesity risk, and type 2 diabetes (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2011).
Mouse anti Human FTO antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti FTO detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- HEK293-derived full length recombinant protein of human FTO
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q9C0B1 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FTO Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006307 DNA dealkylation involved in DNA repair
- GO:0008198 ferrous iron binding
- GO:0016702 oxidoreductase activity, acting on single donors with incorporation of molecular oxygen, incorporation of two atoms of oxygen
- GO:0035515 oxidative RNA demethylase activity
- GO:0035516 oxidative DNA demethylase activity
- GO:0035552 oxidative single-stranded DNA demethylation
- GO:0035553 oxidative single-stranded RNA demethylation
- GO:0042245 RNA repair
- GO:0043734 DNA-N1-methyladenine dioxygenase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FTO antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.