FSCN1 antibody | CPTC29
The FSCN1 gene encodes a member of the fascin family of actin-binding proteins. Fascin proteins organize F-actin into parallel bundles, and are required for the formation of actin-based cellular protrusions. The encoded protein plays a critical role in cell migration, motility, adhesion and cellular interactions. Expression of FSCN1 is known to be regulated by several microRNAs, and overexpression of FSCN1 may play a role in the metastasis of multiple types of cancer by increasing cell motility. Expression of FSCN1 is also a marker for Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin's lymphoma. A pseudogene of FSCN1 is located on the long arm of chromosome 15 (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Mouse anti Human FSCN1 antibody detects a band of 55 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FSCN1 detects a band of approximately 55 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein of human FSCN1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001725 stress fiber
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008144 drug binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0016477 cell migration
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FSCN1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra