FSCN1 antibody | CPTC29
The FSCN1 gene encodes a member of the fascin family of actin-binding proteins. Fascin proteins organize F-actin into parallel bundles, and are required for the formation of actin-based cellular protrusions. The encoded protein plays a critical role in cell migration, motility, adhesion and cellular interactions. Expression of FSCN1 is known to be regulated by several microRNAs, and overexpression of FSCN1 may play a role in the metastasis of multiple types of cancer by increasing cell motility. Expression of FSCN1 is also a marker for Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin's lymphoma. A pseudogene of FSCN1 is located on the long arm of chromosome 15 (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Mouse anti Human FSCN1 antibody detects a band of 55 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FSCN1 detects a band of approximately 55 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein of human FSCN1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Q16658 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FSCN1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001725 stress fiber
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008144 drug binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0016477 cell migration
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FSCN1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.