The protein encoded by the EIF4E gene is a component of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4F complex, which recognizes the 7-methylguanosine cap structure at the 5' end of cellular mRNAs. The encoded protein aids in translation initiation by recruiting ribosomes to the mRNA. Association of this protein with the 4F complex is the rate-limiting step in translation initiation. Three transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for EIF4E (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Mouse anti Human EIF4E antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF4E detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- EIF4E recombinant protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P06730 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EIF4E Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000289 nuclear-transcribed mRNA poly(A) tail shortening
- GO:0000339 RNA cap binding
- GO:0003743 translation initiation factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005845 mRNA cap binding complex
- GO:0006406 mRNA export from nucleus
- GO:0006417 regulation of translation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0016281 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4F complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF4E antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.