CHD4 antibody | AB01/2B7
The product of this gene belongs to the SNF2/RAD54 helicase family. It represents the main component of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex and plays an important role in epigenetic transcriptional repression. Patients with dermatomyositis develop antibodies against this protein. Somatic mutations in this gene are associated with serous endometrial tumors. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2014).
Mouse anti Human CHD4 antibody detects a band of 278 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti CHD4 antibody detects a band of approximately 278 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human CHD4 (aa 322-1731)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q14839 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CHD4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0004003 ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0016581 NuRD complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CHD4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.