CD11a antibody | MEM-25
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human CD11a
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD11a antibody, clone MEM-25 recognizes the integrin alphaL subunit, a 170-180 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that associates with CD18 to form the leucocyte function-associated antigen-1, an alphaLbeta2 integrin expressed at the surface of all human leukocyte.
LFA-1 is a receptor for ICAMs, JAM-1 and F11R. Its interaction with endothelial ligands, such as ICAM-1 and JAM-1 is responsible for leukocyte arrest and extravasation (Osterman et al.2002). In addition to its role in leukocyte adhesion and transmigration, LFA-1 is involved in T cell differentiation (Verma et al. 2016, Verman and Kelleher 2017) and is required for the effective lysis of infected cells by cytotoxic T cells (Anikeeva et al. 2005, Pontes Ferreira et al. 2017). LFA-1 also contributes to NK cell cytotoxicity (Domingo et al. 2004) and participates to the clearance of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophages (Kristóf et al. 2013). The interaction of LFA-1 with ICAM-1 is the target of Lifitegrast, a drug approved for the treatment of Dry Eye Disease (Abidi et al. 2016).
Mouse anti Human CD11 antibody, clone MEM-25 inhibits the cytotoxic activity of NK cells (Bazil et al. 1990).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Leucocytes from a patient suffering from a LGL-type leukemia
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
References for CD11a antibody
Ostermann, G. et al. (2002) JAM-1 is a ligand of the beta(2) integrin LFA-1 involved in transendothelial migration of leukocytes.
Nat Immunol. 3 (2): 151-8.
Verma, N.K. et al. (2016) LFA-1/ICAM-1 Ligation in Human T Cells Promotes Th1 Polarization through a GSK3β Signaling-Dependent Notch Pathway.
J Immunol. 197 (1): 108-18.
Verma, N.K. & Kelleher, D. (2017) Not Just an Adhesion Molecule: LFA-1 Contact Tunes the T Lymphocyte Program.
J Immunol. 199 (4): 1213-1221.
Anikeeva, N. et al. (2005) Distinct role of lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 in mediating effective cytolytic activity by cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 102 (18): 6437-42.
Ferreira, C.P. et al. (2017) LFA-1 Mediates Cytotoxicity and Tissue Migration of Specific CD8+ T Cells after Heterologous Prime-Boost Vaccination against Trypanosoma cruzi Infection.
Front Immunol. 8: 1291.
Barber, D.F. et al. (2004) LFA-1 contributes an early signal for NK cell cytotoxicity.
J Immunol. 173 (6): 3653-9.
Abidi, A. et al. (2016) Lifitegrast: A novel drug for treatment of dry eye disease.
J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 7 (4): 194-198.
Bazil, V. et al. (1990) Monoclonal antibodies against human leucocyte antigens. IV. Antibodies against subunits of the LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) leucocyte-adhesion glycoprotein.
Folia Biol (Praha). 36 (1): 41-50.
View The Latest Product References
- Integrin Alpha L Chain
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007157 heterophilic cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0002291 T cell activation via T cell receptor contact with antigen bound to MHC molecule on antigen presenting cell
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0008305 integrin complex
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up