C-Reactive Protein antibody | F03-2C7
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human C-reactive protein antibody, clone F03-2C7 recognizes, C-reactive protein (CRP). CRP is a member of the pentaxin family of proteins which target and activate various stages of the complement system. CRP is known to exist in 2 states, either as a monomer (mCRP) or as a pentamer (pCRP), where the pantamer is composed of 5 nearly identical subunits. The monomeric and pentameric forms have similar functions, but their relative abundance differs across various tissues. For example, pCRP is present in plasma, while mCRP is present mostly in the surface of damaged cells and platelets (Wu et al. 2015). In humans, levels of CRP increases 1,000-fold within 24 to 48 hours of infection, inflammation or tissue damage (Black et al. 2004).
In response to infection or tissue damage Interleukin-6, Interleukin-1 beta or glucocorticoids induce hepatocyte production of CRP. Available CRP can then detect foreign invading microorganisms, by binding carbohydrate structures. CRP is also able to bind modified low density lipoproteins and cells undergoing cell death, to assist with phagocytosis and clearance mechanisms. This is directly co-ordinated via CRP and other pentaxin proteins to prevent excessive tissue damage and clearance of any injured tissue components.
This biotinylated Mouse anti Human C-reactive protein antibody, clone F03-2C7 (MCA6187B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human C-reactive protein antibody, clone F01-1G4 (MCA6186GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length C-Reactive Protein (Phe17-Pro224)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6186GA
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008228 opsonization
- GO:0010745 negative regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0030169 low-density lipoprotein particle binding
- GO:0033265 choline binding
- GO:0051637 Gram-positive bacterial cell surface binding
- View More GO Terms
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up