BIRC2 antibody | AB01/3B4
The protein encoded by BIRC2 gene is a member of a family of proteins that inhibits apoptosis by binding to tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factors TRAF1 and TRAF2, probably by interfering with activation of ICE-like proteases. This encoded protein inhibits apoptosis induced by serum deprivation and menadione, a potent inducer of free radicals. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for BIRC2 (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Mouse anti Human BIRC2 antibody detects a band of 70 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti BIRC2 detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human BIRC2 (amino acids 1 - 618)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q13490 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BIRC2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0035631 CD40 receptor complex
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043161 proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of BIRC2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.